21 February 2012

Podcast

This week I made a podcast for a class assignment and posted it to my blog. I recorded myself talking about what my Auntie Dot told me about my 3rd great grandmother Lodoisca. Lodoisca was for sure an active member of her community and her family. She served others every day and it seems like she went out of her way to make other peoples' lives easier. In the podcast I talked about her baking pies and bread and sewing clothes and hats for other people. She definitely did not have to do those things and I think she did them because she really cared about the people in her life. It also shows how close-knit her community was. From searching censuses I have found many of Lodoisca's family members living near her. Most of her children got married but only moved down the street from her. I like the idea of a close-knit small town where people talk to each other as they pass each other on the street and where people help each other when someone is sick or in need of anything. Lodoisca is definitely a great example to me.

1 comment:

  1. I wondered how you would pronounce Lodoisca and was glad to hear her name in your podcast. Good job!

    ReplyDelete