14 January 2012

Welcome! First Post- All About Lodoisca and Family


My name is Brittany Bishaw and I am a descendent of Lodoisca Dallaire and her husband Cleophas Aubin.
Above is a picture of Cleophas and Lodoisca with their children taken between 1906 and 1908. My great aunt Dorothy sent me all of the pictures that I will be posting on this blog. The goal of this blog is to share the information that I already know about this family (most all of it given to me by my auntie Dot) and collaborate with others who may be researching this family as well. This blog will focus on Lodoisca and Cleophas, their children, and their children's spouses. I will also post information about Lodoisca's parents, Justinian Laurent Dallaire and Rosalie Blouin and Lodoisca's siblings.

Now for some information about the family. Lodoisca was born on 19 August 1864 in St. Vallier, Quebec, Canada. Cleophas was born 23 September 1859 in St. Vallier, Bellechasse, Quebec, Canada. They were marrried 23 November 1884 in Warren, Rhode Island, USA. Cleophas, Lodoisca, and their children are in the 1910 United States Census in Warren, Bristol, Rhode Island. According to this census Cleophas immigrated in 1882 and Lodoisca immigrated in 1875. The census also says that they had been married for 25 years, which matches the date that my aunt gave me for their marriage. They have 9 children listed on the census in 1910. Most are in the photo above. In the photo, the top row from left to right, it's Cleophas Jr., Mediana, Elise, and Emma (not on the census because she was already married). Cleophas and Lodoisca are sitting down in the front. To the left of Cleophas is Ovide, on Cleophas's lap is Arthur. To Lodoisca's left is Blanche and on her lap is Napoleon and to her right is Wilfred. Eva was born 2 Ocotber 1908 and is not in the photo. Two children were born before the oldest child, Emma, but they both died as infants. Their names were Marie-Jeanne and Marie Eloise Exordina. Also, Marie Adela Rosalie Aubin was born in 1906 but died a few days after birth. There is a link on the side to see the 1910 census. The census also says that Cleophas was a "teamster." I did not know what this meant so I looked it up. The Hall Genealogy Website has a list of old occupation names and their definitions. Go here to see the definition: http://rmhh.co.uk/occup/t.html . So Cleophas probably did something with driving horses or some other kind of animal to bring some type of goods somewhere. Here is picture that was posted on flicr by sunnybrook100 of a teamster in the early 1900s. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunnybrook100/3891140841/

There's a start! Let me know what you think, especially if you are researching this family too!

3 comments:

  1. Brittany, This page looks very professional. I am looking forward to following the Aubin trail with you, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you've got me hooked--these names are all so rich sounding! What nationality or background does this family have? Do you know what any of the names mean? I'm looking forward to see what you share here, Great Start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are French! All I know is that the last names are French. I don't know what any of the names mean or if they mean anything. But that is something to research! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete